Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Super Sled 9000

This weekend we spent in Manning Park at my family cabin doing some sledding and snowboarding with my sister and brother in law. Richard and my brother in law created the Super Sled 9000 out of an old snowboard and a rocking chair. The sled worked really well, we towed it behind the vehicle and it would ride up the snowbanks, we likely had it up to about 50 to 60 km/hr. We did try taking it down the sledding hill at the ski hill but we got kicked out by security!
It's amazing what you can make with some garbage.


My family cabin from the road.

Richard and my brother in law planning their crazy carpeting route.

Jasper - brother and sister in laws pup.

My sister in law crazy carpeting.

Richard on the super sled 9000


A Grey Jay on the deck at the cabin.

5 comments:

Sondra said...

hahaha, that sled looks super fun!
I'm going to have to show FH.

The bird shot, and the pup one are great too.

Jenn said...

I've never seen a gray jay before; it's beautiful!
I used to LOVE crazy carpets; I'm thinking we need to go and try to buy one!!!

Jenn M said...

WOW! I love the jay shot and Alex is gonna totally be inspired by the supersled! Next time we're up north he will definitely be conspiring with his brothers to make one!!

Katherine said...

I want a super sled 9000!

Theresa T said...

It looks like you had a blast. And hey, it's all fun and games until someone gets hurt right?

The shot of the jay is great.