Friday, February 15, 2008

Strange Happenings

The other day Richard and I were sitting watching TV and we could smell a very fragrant flowery smell and we couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Eventually we figured out that our Corn Cane plant had flowered. I had no idea that these plants flowered at all, nor did it tell me on the tag. I have had this plant for over three years and it has flourished, but I certainly did not figure on flowers. During the day I hardly notice the smell, as soon as it is dark the flowers are so fragrant we have to open a window as it is so strong!

Here is a shot of our plant.

The stalk of flowers on the plant.




7 comments:

Alycia Hildebrand said...

Those are very cool looking flowers!

Jenn said...

I guess your plant is finally happy enough to flower - that's great!
I love the last pic the best!

Callista said...

Awww what a nice surprise sort of thing! And if it smells pretty no complaints right hehe! I like the last pic too :D

Jenn M said...

Wow that's very cool! :) I love suprises like that!

vivi's mom said...

Very nice surprise! The flowers are beautiful great angles on them!

Theresa T said...

Great close-ups!

Anonymous said...

Great looking plant - I've had one exactly like it for about 3 years, but no flowers yet - how do you take care of yours - watering and whatnot. I notice you have it right in direct sunlight. I keep mine further away from windows. Mabe I shoulod move it closer.