Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Tourist in your own city

Wow it has been so long since I last posted :( I can not believe how tardy I have been, I have lots of photos from the last month, I just need to get my butt in gear to edit them and post them.

Anyway on the May long weekend, we did a few touristy type things in Vancouver, it was alot of fun. We rented a tandem bicycle and rode around the Seawall at Stanley Park, which actually was quite terrifying, as I had no control over where we were going and how fast, all I did was peddle, the other problem was that Richard is so much taller than I, I could see where we were going!! My cousin once said that those tandem bikes are "Divorce on Wheels" I can understand why he says that now! We did not end up crashing or anything but it was still scary and a bit painful when Richard would change gears and the peddles would go flying out from my feet and smash into my shins. We also went up the Harbour Center tour at sunset and looked over the views of Vancouver, it was really beautiful. On our drive back we saw the Chinese Night Market in China Town, so we perused the peoples wares. There was some very tasty food vendors there, I totally recommend it.


View of Canada Place and the North Shore Mountains from the Harbour Center tower.



View of the city scape of Vancouver also from the Harbour Center Tower.


The Chinese Night Market is a very busy place, even late at night!

4 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

Love the market picture!

katei371 said...

Amazing photos of the cityscape, great job! And LOL at "divorce on wheels"!

Jenn M said...

love the night shots :)

Theresa T said...

Love the action of the night market photo.