Tuesday, November 27, 2007

Fun in the forest

We spent Sunday wandering around the forest looking for caves. As odd as it sounds it is quite fun. We are members of a caving club and we try and go out now and then looking for new ones. Unfortunately we didn't find anything too spectacular, mostly just holes that didn't go to far, or they needed some major digging on to see if they went anywhere, which we may come back to another day.
Our friend Adam taking pictures of things.

My husband Richard checking out a hole.. it was a little tight.

Adam in a hole..

Our hole after clearing away loose rocks, we named this the head crusher cave for the sketchy loose rocks hanging above your head.

Trying out some different settings on my camera in this little valley. This is normal.

Black and White

Sepia

A waterfall we found with Adam, it was nice.











6 comments:

Jenn said...

Nice pics!!
I'm guessing you haven't seen 'The Descent' then???? lol

Shauna G said...

No I have not seen the movie.. as I would likely never go caving again haha.

Theresa T said...

That sounds like a fun way to spend a day. I really like the waterfall pic.

Sondra said...

Wow you guys are adventureous!! I wanna hang out with you for a day :)

Great pictures.

Lorelei said...

Great pics! I love the waterfall!

I think it would be a very cool way to spend a day!

Shauna G said...

Caving is always a good way to spend a day or an evening :) I think I may make a post entirely of great caving shots I have. Keep checking!